Can't look at LCD from an angle as picture goes too dark

Petal

Hi I just bought this tele fron Nordmende.

The problem I have with it is that the screen is like a laptop screen, i.e. unless you sit straight in front of the screen you can't see the picture properly. Like if you look at it from an angle (sitting on the floor) the picture goes very dark and you can't make out much.

Is this normal? Or is there something wrong with the tele, or is this due to the smaller screensize?

I have a big flatscreen (I'd say it's LCD also but different make) as well and no problems with that.

It's down to the quality of the panel they use, nothing that can be done about it. Specs for that list a 160 degree viewing angle, if this doesn't match what you are experiencing, then you might have a case. Contrast ratio is quite poor on that model too.

Well, I was thinking, since I'm dissatisfied with the product, would that not be reason enough to return it?

Well, I was thinking, since I'm dissatisfied with the product, would that not be reason enough to return it?
No - there is no statutory right to return a product just because you don't like it as opposed to it being faulty or not fit for the purpose for which it was sold. See www.consumerconnect.ie for more on your statutory rights in such circumstances.

Back