Employing someone for a couple of hours

tyler_d

I run my own company all alone. I would like to get a a friend of mine to do three hours cold calling and give them a % of every sale they make. Do i have to hire them for this though as its alot of effort for three hours work?

Presumably, they could bill you for their services and you could pay them as you pay any other creditor. The onus is on them to declare the income - or not. But it takes the pressure off you and you don't have to register as an employer.

Thanks for this. I don't want to pass the problem to them though as they are my friend and i think declaring it might put them off doing it

I would like to get a a friend of mine to do three hours cold calling and give them a % of every sale they make.
Your friend must be mad. Cold calling is a terrible experience, and is generally unprofitable. Is it for graphic design? - This discussion may be a moot, how many sales do they honestly think they'll get in 3 hours?
I could be wrong of course!

its just a little test really. No, its a brand new company selling second hand office furniture. Its a pretty small company though.

Well good luck with it. If they are good at cold calling, let us know!

Well good luck with it. If they are good at cold calling, let us know!

Even better, let the friend try his 'sales patter' on you - you might end up with a good deal on some second hand office furniture.

Back