Pdf files

sparkles08

Morning everyone,

I have a little problem I'm hoping that someone can help me with. We are making a new company booklet and I have been asked to take some pages from our website(such as our company profile and details of pur recent jobs) and put it onto a pdf file.

I'm pretty good at the rest of the programes on the computer (or I thought I was) but I haven't had to work on it before apart from when I scan files to my computer they scan to pdf. I'm not sure how to open pdf is it like word or excel in that it will just be on your list of programes? How do I take things from a webpage?? :confused:

Sorry for all the questions but I would really appreciate any help that people could give me and hopefully there will be some computer whizz on that can talk me through it. :) Thanks in adavance

Thank you both I think I can do it now it doesn't seem so hard.

HighFlier thank you I do have that on my computer I thought it would have been listed under pdf.

paddi22 that website is great thanks a mill

Some things you can do with the free Adobe Acrobat, some things you will need the paid upgraded program for.

Thanks MandaC I did what I found on the website but now I figured out that if I want to put them all into one pdf I have to download something else again. Ther has to be an easier way to do this I just can't figure it out.

Can you not copy and paste the material you need from the web into one word document? You can print these to pdf as well.

you can download free pdf makers on the internet. After downloading, when you want to convert a word document to pdf you simply go to file - print and the pdf maker will be in the printer list.

I can't copy and paste from a website - at least I don't think I can I've tried to but it doesn't seem to be working.

you can just download a pdf maker as I said above and then go to file print and it will convert webpage to a pdf document. It will still look like the website though.

If it's simple text you should be able to copy it, have you tried right clicking and select copy or dragging the cursor over the text with the left mous button pressed down?

It is text and pictures that I need - I can copy them onto a word document by right clicking and pressing select all but then I am unsre how to transfer this to pdf.

I know when I press save as and the box comes up Ishould chand from word ducument to pdf but I can't find the pdf option.

It's like g1g said - you need to download a pdf maker if you don't have one, you can't just save as pdf. You need to print to pdf, so you need to go into the print menu. Sounds a bit weird, but you select print to pdf and then the pdf file gets created. And you can do that from word, so if you copy and paste what you need from the webpage into word and then print to pdf.

Thanks very much everyone for alkl your advice I've finally got it done - thanks for the advice petal thats how I did it in the end!!

I think it was the print option that was confusing me :eek:

Back