Tiling costs/calculators

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadrunner

Do not have a clue how much it costs to tile or hire a tiler.
Is there any good tiling calculator websites or can someone please give me an idea.

I'd say depending on they guy/firm you get, you will pay between 20 and 30 euro per square meter. Make sure whoever you go with is a dedicated tiler, because very often a handyman or general builder will make a hash of the tiling as they don't do it very often

Guide prices (Waterford):

* ceramic 18-22 sq.yd.
* porcelain 22-25 sq.yd
* marble 25-30 sq.yd. (pig to cut)
all plus materials.

Tile prices vary widely, shop around in the sales. You'll often find that the bigger tile companies discount the tiles and try to make their margin back on things like trim, adhesive, grout.

Guiding rule is don't get a bad tiler. Get them to do an inconspicuous area first. If they make a hash of it get rid of them.

SSE

Thanks for that - building €2,900 sq foot house, tiling kitchen, hallway,3 bathrooms. Wooden floors in 2 bedrooms, large living room, conservatory & upper hall & carpet on attic conversion & other rooms.
Can anyone give me an idea of how much they paid in total for flooring their houses? I`ve budgeted for around €30K and was wondering if I`m far off the mark.

your best bet is to go into a tile shop and get a list of tilers that they recommend. Also pick out a tile you like and get a quote from them on that tile and that will give you a very good guide on the total price.

There are plenty of threads on this topic already, including this, this, and this. Please consult/update those. I'm closing this to avoid duplication.
Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back