Building Costs

Rico

Recently got quotes for new build in Cork and builders were quite aggressive to get business, undercutting prices. Has anyone else noticed a shift with builders in recent times perhaps reflecting a bit of slow down.

Can you share examples of how much you have been quoted - on a price per sq foot basis and how much the under sut is happening. Is it a standard construction build?

3500 sq foot with good elec spec, u/floor heating,concrete floors 2 storey, solar panels, condensing boiler,dry lining,hardwood doors,standard pvc woodgrain windows. €90 sq foot. Total €330,000 inclusive vat and engineers fees.

Hi Rico does that include all materials , fixtures etc?

Sound like a good price to me.

We were just quoted 37k for labour only on block work (including risingwall) and Chimneys, do you know if that is a good price? Our house is a 3500 sqft bungaloe

Hi Rico,

can you PM me with the name of the builders you got to quote you?
We are waiting on Planning to come through on ours so looking for quotes at the moment.

Thanks
S'Girl

Recently got quotes for new build in Cork and builders were quite aggressive to get business, undercutting prices. Has anyone else noticed a shift with builders in recent times perhaps reflecting a bit of slow down.

I was granted PP for an extension a few weeks ago and have so far received 6 unsolicited letters from builders who would "be very eager to quote me for the work" - looks like a change from when we couldn't get a builder to quote!!!

Happy days!

Roy

Hi,

Hope this thread isnt dead as it seems to be what Im looking for...
Im looking for a builder for a newbuild in the East Cork area for next spring - any recommendations?

Back