'Stanley' door.

Vanilla

Does any one know where I could source a 'stanley' door? This is a glass door to be fitted to a fireplace. I know they are called stanley doors around here but that may be a colloquialism.

Can't have a fire with the children- not safe to turn my back for a second with the toddler- so was thinking of fitting a door to it.

I have a free standing stove which gets very hot therefore I have a fire guard around it to protect the toddler, I am sure the door as you mentioned would get just as hot and would still need a fire guard to protect the children.

You need one of those fire surround fire guards whihc are attached to the wall, other wise the fire will still be ahazzard.

Thanks all. Our fireplace is a little unusual in that it is very large and raised from the ground. Effectively normal fire surrounds won't work. I want to fit a glass ( fire ) door to the front which is a special type of glass. I am told that it does get hot but not hot enough to be dangerous. Hot enough that if the toddler touches it, she'll go 'ouch', but not hot enough to harm. If it's too hot, I'll put a fire surround around the glass too- at least I'll know the worst she can do is a slight burn, and not seriously injure herself, the baby or burn the house down!

I can't see the doors I want in that link Dr.M- those are 'real' Stanley cooker doors, which I don't think would suit, as well as being much too small, but thanks. I did google but all I came up with were similar links.

Maybe you could contact Fenton Fires in Greystones an they could point you in the right direction. I have dealt with them a few times and have found them to be very helpful.

Back