SSIA... what I'd really like to do...

mell61

I'm just wondering what people would really like to do with their SSIA, if there didn't have to do impressions of grown up? So assuming you have no mortgage, pensioned up to the hilt, investments to rival warren buffet, no loans, etc....
My personal one would be a luxurious trip around the world, 6-8 weeks, staying at nice hotels when required, doing any trips I wanted... NYC, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Oman, Zanzibar (just to get the stamp on the passport) and ending with a nice long weekend in luxury in Paris.

What is your secret SSIA desire?

you're not going to do that on 26 odd grand. A week in the Greorge V in Paris with a few meals to match would clear out the SSIA account.

More inward-looking than yours!

(1) A personal trainer who would take the time to tailor a programme for me, would then provide (2) the equipment and act as (3) personal psychologist to keep me using it.

I'd also like (4) a personal chef who would make meals which, while delicious and satisfying, were made entirely from healthy ingredients and would contribute to me feeling and looking ten years younger.

Obviously (5) I wouldn't have time to work while all this was going on either, but might squeeze in (6) some master classes to work on some of my undeveloped talents (imagined and otherwise)

In short, its all about ME!

Nothing wrong with investing in your best asset.. yourself.

But aren't you missing (7)?
A personal masseuse to release all the tension that 1-2-6 will generate...

Must be just me but the money isn't that much to do too much.

The funds used to cover the monthly DD have to be repatriated - the Father Ted Crilly school of financial management. What will be left is a tidy little sum, but not enough to go too mad on.

Clear off the car loan, have a 2 week Med package holiday, er, that's it.

TarfHead- you are supposed to assume you have no loans to clear! Get into your left brain and imagine what you would do with it if you didn't have commitments....

must pull that one on mrs cu. tell her the new new kitchen with granite worktop ( when did this craze start?) is off the list and has been replaced with a) ipanema beach party b) monaco grand prix, c) or a french au pair for the year.

cuchulainn said:
or a french au pair for the year.
A hint for the interview stage; I find the "will you wear a French maids uniform" question separates the wheat from the chaff quite quickly...;)

TarfHead said:
The funds used to cover the monthly DD have to be repatriated
Eh? You mean the personal contributions was yours all along so not worth considering a windfall - unlike the 25% topup and any interest/growth?

ClubMan said:
Eh? You mean the personal contributions was yours all along so not worth considering a windfall - unlike the 25% topup and any interest/growth?

To be pedantic, it is not a windfall as I've being expecting it all along.

The money, however much of it will end up in my pocket, is most welcome, it just
TarfHead said:
isn't that much to do too much

IMHO

Purple said:
A hint for the interview stage; I find the "will you wear a French maids uniform" question separates the wheat from the chaff quite quickly...;)
Is this advice for Cuchallain or for the au pair?

I need an au pair for the same reason every body else needs an au pair. I need help with my French. and you are correct Suellen I haven't grown up:D. thanks for the tip. brill idea for a new apartment. not sure about the planning permission from mrs cu. sure to be strings attached.:p brown envelope job maybe. rainyday: mmmm think my bum might look big in french maids uniform but will give it a bash anyway and run it by mrs cu:eek:

Back