New Dart Station - Baldoyle

scorcher

Does anybody know if there is a new Dart Station going ahead between the BeauPark and The Coast developments?? Where do I go to find out for certain? Nothing on Fingal County Council website....

No specific dart station mentioned at Baldoyle.... Im afraid that its just the developers trying to con people into buying property near that area...

There is no con. The station will be built. It may be called Grange Road on any plans.

Sunster said:
The question may be when?

Scorcher said:
Does anybody know if there is a new Dart Station going ahead between the BeauPark and The Coast developments??

In fact, here's [broken link removed]from Fingal Co Co.

Here's info from [broken link removed]

new stations to serve new and growing communities, including Adamstown, Kishogue, ParkWest, Fonthill Road, Grange Road, Pelletstown, Hansfield, Dunboyne, Pace M3 Park ‘n’ Ride and Phoenix Park.

AFAIK, development work on the DART Station has to commence after a certain amount of units in the 'Capital North' project have been completed (the station is a conidtion of planning permission, it is not discretionary).

A local counciller updated me on some issues between Irish Rail and the developer (technicalities, not over whether it will be built or not), but I cannnot recall the specifics.

Good link.
Personally I welcome these confirmed plans as I am considering to buy a house in Lusk/Rush.
However it does seem that the plans such as the DART extension will take some years to develop which is a shame. Given the present rate of growth in population in the areas concerned I hope they are forecasting and planning for this. Let's hope they've learned from previous mistakes.

I can only imagine what congestion will be like on the existing DART if the new station at Grange Road opens in the near future. Congestion on the Malahide DART is already pretty bad at peak times, even with extra services and longer trains.

For what it's worth, there is an excellent Transport forum on www.boards.ie and it's also worth cehcking out the Platform 11 website.

Sunster said:
Strangely I thought the same....wither that or you work for the council!
Why don't you review some of the posts I've made on AAM before.

Any information I have posted in this thread is available to anyone who takes an interest in transport issues, reads the paper, watches the news, takes an interest in local development issues etc.

Or even better, understands that Google is a fantastic resource.

If you are trying to make out that I have some sort of vested interest in posting in this thread, think again.

Maybe I just like helping people here on AAM. Then again, if people aren't interested....

CCOVICH said:
Any information I have posted in this thread is available to anyone who takes an interest in transport issues, reads the paper, watches the news, takes an interest in local development issues etc.

I second that. This particular station is also being discussed over on the boards.ie transport forum at the present time and the information is available from the sources outlined by CCovich for anyone who cares to research it themselves.

Back