Return flights to San Francisco - late July/early August?

DrMoriarty

Howdy all,

I've been trawling all the usual flight-searching sites, trying to find the best deal I can for two friends who need flights to San Francisco in late July/early August — ideally ex-Dublin, from Sat 22/07 to Sat 05/08, although of course they could be flexible, if there were significant savings to be had by flying on a weekday. Equally, they could tag on a Ryanair leg and fly ex-London, although to my surprise ex-Dublin is showing up considerably cheaper than ex-London.

Have tried Expedia, Opodo, Orbitz and directly on the ITA airfare finder (whose software 'powers' the aforementioned search engines), and the best deal I'm seeing is €729 return each, via Toronto w/ Air Canada (€814 incl. taxes).
Incidentally, this fare was directly from their own website — the same flights were €50-odd dearer on Expedia, Opodo, etc.! :confused:

Can anyone suggest any other avenues I might have missed? (I've also checked directly on BA, Aer Lingus, United, American Airlines, et al...) Or is €814 not bad, given the time of year?

Thanks in advance,

Late July/Early August is peak peak season ... I'd say €814 r/t to the west coast all in isn't a bad deal espeically with high fuel surcharges etc ... I don't think you're going to beat that my much if at all.

The Aer Lingus flights to LA are a little cheaper if you're flexible with dates though not by a lot (and if it's SF you want to go to you'd have to add a few quid extra for the internal flights so it would work out the same or a little more)

DrMoriarty said:
ITA airfare finder (whose software 'powers' the aforementioned search engines)

Excellent site I hadn't come across before Dr.M, thanks a million.

Especially like the little warning section (long layovers, tight connections etc.). Maybe its been too long since I used one of the flight search engines rather than the usual pond hopping with Ryanair or AL but very nice addition to finding the best flights from the last time I'd gone to the US.

Back