Restaurant recommendation for Ballycullen / Firhouse

Carmel

Recently moved to Ballycullen, near Firhouse, Dublin 24.

The only restaurant we can find in the area is the Chinese above Scholars Pub. We didn't think it was great food wise and is also a bit overpriced.

Are there any other restaurants in the area to be recommended?

Tks
C

Welcome to the neighbourhood:D

Theres not much in the way of restaurants around here. We eat in the chinese over Scholars the odd time and think its really nice. Their takeaway is a bit pricy compared to other chinese takeaways - TopTops or Lucky Star (our current favourite)

There is a restaruant in the Old Mill in Old Bawn. We have never been so can't comment either way.

In Rathfarnham you have Little Caesers in The Orchard Pub. There is also a nice Indian in Rathfarnham village. If you want to leave the car at home take the 49 to Templeogue bridge (at The Blue haven pub) and the Orchard is about a 10 minute walk from there. They also have a cab company..handy for getting home.

In Templeogue there is a restaurant over the Morgue pub ...the menu looks nice but we haven't been. We can recommend Papparazzi (very nice italian) across the road.

There are quite a few restaurants in Terenure. For some reason there is about 5 italian restaurants, and indian over Eddie Rockets and one or two other places. Again the 49 will bring you to Templeogue and Terenure.

Hope this helps

Would recommend the Italian in Tallaght Village and Meghna Tandoori in Terenure village over the eddie rockets. Not much else really :)

Just seen today that therew ill be a new Mexican opening up at the realy high apartmetn block beside the square, sorry i dont know the name of it. the restaraunt is callecd cactus jacks.

I wasj ust saying today there isnt much of a selection when wanting to eat out in tallaght. Im going over the Dundrum direction for my dinner now. Im sick of the Mill!!!!!!!!

There is a Good chinese behind the Orchard pub and also the Italian is basic but nice, also Orchard is a good pub to have drinks in later

Carmel said:
Thanks for all the replies.
Where is the Orchard pub please?

C

...on butterfield Avenue almost opposite the Statoil station beside Rathfarnham Shopping centre.

Gel

Back