can I keep eircom email address?

Marcecie

I have changed from Eircom to UTV for internet/phone, still waiting for landline to change-- when it does will I still be able to keep my eircom.net email

As far as I know.......I recently switched to NTL and have been able to keep my eircom account. Make Eircom.net your homepage if thats what you prefer.

You don't need to have anything to do with Eircom to have an Eircom e-mail account. So yes, you'll be able to keep it without any problems.

ronan_d_john said:
You don't need to have anything to do with Eircom to have an Eircom e-mail account. So yes, you'll be able to keep it without any problems.
Except that you may only be able to send mail via their web page rather than using Outlook or some other POP3 client. If your're logged on via NTL, you will probably find that you cannot send mail via Eircom's mail server. You may need to use NTL's.

Technologist said:
Except that you may only be able to send mail via their web page rather than using Outlook or some other POP3 client. If your're logged on via NTL, you will probably find that you cannot send mail via Eircom's mail server. You may need to use NTL's.

True all you need to do is configure your outgoing mail server to point to your NTL server. I have a UTV Internet email account and that is how my POP3 client is configured

C

Capaill said:
True all you need to do is configure your outgoing mail server to point to your NTL server. I have a UTV Internet email account and that is how my POP3 client is configuredC
The problem then is that some spam filters will treat your mails as spam because the sending server's address is different to that of the return address. I've had occasional problems with mails being blocked by some ISPs & have had to use web mail instead.

I changed from Eircom to Utv last year (still waiting for land line to switch) and kept my eircom address. Incoming mail server POP3 is still the same - mail2.eircom.net.

Was told by Utv to change outgoing mail server to mail.utvinternet.net. It works perfectly. As you probably know, just go to Tools in OE, Accounts, Mail, Properties then Servers. Don't know how or if it would work if the outgoing server wasn't changed to Utv. AFAIK nothing would need to change for NTL since they don't use the phone line.

Back