How to register a non profit organisation

ann2066

I need help with registering a non profit organisation with the CRO and need a little advice well alot of advice on what i am doing

It's a company limited by guarantee, you need 7 members any co formation agent will advise. If you are looking for charity status better to get the standard memo and articles for a charity and make your application to Revenue prior to CRO.

it is a small non profit organisation and i am solely in charge i am registered with the inland revenue but need a CRO cetificate for bank account that i opened as a sole trader

it is a small non profit organisation and i am solely in charge i am registered with the inland revenue but need a CRO cetificate for bank account that i opened as a sole trader

This is an Irish forum, and your mention of the Inland Revenue makes the entire sound you are based in the UK. Different juristiction and different rules apply.

sorry i use to live in the UK but am living in Ireland and still keep calling it inland revenue

@ann2066, you are setting up a non for profit and you are solely in charge. So you need to register the business name with the CRO RBN1 is the form you need.

thankyou Joe and with that do i need to put accounts into the CRO yearly as well as the revenue

You need to talk to an accountant, the structure you are proposing is not in my view the best. A non for profit should be run by a committee not a sole trader.

Sole traders don't file accounts with the CRO and you will have to file accounts with revenue in your own name.

i am not setting up as a charity i am setting up as a non profit organisation and i want a paper trail of all incoming and out goings and needed a bank account in the organisations name

Back