Paris Metro tickets

Westie123

Hello,

Does anyone know if the automated ticket machines in Paris Metro accept Irish laser/maestro cards for payment? You can also pay by cash but they apparently only accept coins , no notes!

Thanks.

Ive used visa to buy train tickets from booth recently in south of France, no probelm.
Assume same in paris. The machines in the main stations are multi-lingual.

never seen a major queue yet. you have a few options to purchase, but at airport station before you take train in to gard du nord. if you get a bus or taxi, go to your nearest metro after rush hour around 10am and purchase then. also there are ticket booths at all the major metros. don'tforget there are two types of tickets, depending on the lenght of your stay and where you are going will depend on what who want,

let me know and can tell you more

I don't know if they accept credit cardsetc., but I found the Paris Visit card to be perfect. You can buy it at the airport, for 1, 3 or 5 day stays for up tp 6 zones, depending on where you will be travelling. I bought the 5 day zone, 1 -6 card (which includes the airport run) for about E43. I was on the Metro alot and used it for Versailles also. You also get discounts off some tourist spots if you show the card.

Back