ATM ulster bank wrong money given out

G

goulders

Tried to take out €50 from ulster bank atm in Cork, got €20, a queue of people inside with €20 notes complaing, cashier said go to your own bank. Contacted my own bank and two weeks later they told me Ulster bank had no problem with atm and they gave me a print out to prove it. The print out showed my transaction for €50 even though I only got €20 but two minutes later the print out showed "terminal problem" " configuration does not match EDB""hardware failure""closed" and many more all within 6 minutes of my transaction. Is this Ulster Bank new way of ____________
(I wont say it but u can guess what I am thinking.

Can I go to the gardi to report a bank robbery ?

Your own bank will have a complaints procedure, suggest you raise a formal complaint in writing there first and also write to the Ulster Bank branch in question raising the issue there and see what they say. Hopeefully that will sort it out, if not you'll need to contact the Financial services Ombudsman but they won't touch you until you've exhausted the bank's complaints procedures

Hi OP,

Sorry to hear this. I know that the ATM will dispense whatever is in the note cassette. I assume (as there were a few people already complaining) that whoever filled the 50 euro cassette put 20 euro notes inside. I used to fill one of these machines in a retail environment and the machine does not know the difference between 50 20 or 10. Its completely dependant on the person filling the cassettes.

Back