The Apprentice - toe curling cringe

Betsy Og

Am I the only one who hates that crap. Herself was watching it and I suffered it out (couldnt help tutting, cringing and reaching for the remote on numerous occasions), but No More, at the risk of my marriage I'm leaving the room if it comes on again.

Such a power trip for Bill (who I normally think is ok), and then all the poor divils trying to outdo each other, piping up with bs at every opportunity. Plus I think its giving a v bad example to managers everywhere, I've never been barracked like Bill does to them, nor do I do it to anyone working for me, and I dont think its constructive example to be giving to people.

Ok its only TV and I'm sure its hammed up a fair bit but I found it stressful to watch and wont be watching again. The only thing it was missing was Bill going "Squeal like a pig" to the 3 victims at the end.

i watched it last year but couldn't be bothered this year.

The biggest memory i have of it is Jackie (Fishface) Lavin's face and wondering what procedures she's had done. :eek:

cringe-worthy indeed.

I find it quite refreshing. If ever you have a crisis of self esteem, you only have to watch these idiots to realise you're not that bad at all.

Never really liked the Irish version - I didn't even watch it last night. There was a much better programme on BBC2 - Design for Life - 10 young product designers head for Paris to work for a top designer - but only one will get the permanent post. Much more stimulating and fun without any of the humiliation.

Well she had more 'work' done since last year.

This year she looks like she would if she was on Splitting Image.

Yes it toe curlling cringe of the highest order.

I have sky boxed it :D.

I couldn't help but notice that the lighting is rather unforgiving in the 'board room' - she might be booking in for another procedure or two ....

Never really liked the Irish version - I didn't even watch it last night. There was a much better programme on BBC2 - Design for Life - 10 young product designers head for Paris to work for a top designer - but only one will get the permanent post. Much more stimulating and fun without any of the humiliation.

I like the sound of this. Is it a clothes designer? I was watching running in heels last week but this sounds better.

I like this programme, cringe worthy and all as it is.

Don't understand all the comments about Jackie Lavin and none about Bill though.

The 'You're Fired' show afterwards was a new height of awfulness. I particularly liked the bit where the cameras panned to the audience vote and BOC paused as he tried to count, yes, all twelve or so of them.

I watched a bit of the Starck programme but didn't find it interesting at all. Unusually because I normally like design/architecture programmes.

Did Bill have work done?

Now I'm not against having 'work' done as such but her 'work' is not good. Maybe it will settle down after a while like the one on the weakest link.

I think all Jackie needs to do is tone down the blond hi lights and wear less pink. I think irish girls with pink undertones wear too much pink and pink doesn't suit pink undertones.

I donno if you log onto beaut but we use to do secretary watch for the irish one.

For the uk one we'd give our opinions on the make up/clothes.

We'd be a bit mean sometimes but that's part of it.

I'd expect lots of remarks about my nose if I was on one of these programmes.

The 'You're Fired' show afterwards was a new height of awfulness. I particularly liked the bit where the cameras panned to the audience vote and BOC paused as he tried to count, yes, all twelve or so of them.

+1
It was so bad it was actually funny. Looked like it was being filmed in a pub.

The 'You're Fired' show afterwards was a new height of awfulness.

I was spared that show but I'd say in terms of the heights or depths of awfullness it had stiff competition from the Jason Byrne show which was total drivel. As a stand up he's not bad but the show is complete dross, mainly him gooning around and contestants/guests wondering why they agreed to take part.

Now I'm not against having 'work' done as such but her 'work' is not good. Maybe it will settle down after a while like the one on the weakest link.

The one on the Weakest Link!?!

Anne Robinson has left herself facially disfigured if you ask me, not to mention unable to express herself by changing her expression

[broken link removed]

The one on the Weakest Link!?!

Anne Robinson has left herself facially disfigured if you ask me, not to mention unable to express herself by changing her expression

Did she have another one? The first she got turned out alright I thought but I suppose everything 'fell' so she had to do it again.

I find it quite refreshing. If ever you have a crisis of self esteem, you only have to watch these idiots to realise you're not that bad at all.

+1 My sentiments entirely

The show had 2000 applicants - I hope to God that bunch of self conscious, delusional, egomaniacs were not the cream of the crop.

I'll be tuning in without fail. I watched the entire series last year - and cringed throughout. I enjoy a good bi*ch-fest and take a weird enjoyment out of watching these sort of bullsh**ters falling flat on their face. Also I think because its Irish - its more real and there's always someone, who knows someone, who knows someone. Maybe I also enjoy it because its roughly my age-group.

Jackie should insert a clause in her contract asap - No camera close-ups.

Shawady - I thought the Jason Byrne show was awful too - how did it ever get on TV. Where do they get the audience for these programmes - they all seemed to find it a great laugh as did the panel members yet all he did was shout at everyone. About as funny as cancer.

I like this programme, cringe worthy and all as it is.

Don't understand all the comments about Jackie Lavin and none about Bill though.

I watched a bit of the Starck programme but didn't find it interesting at all. Unusually because I normally like design/architecture programmes.

Agree with vanilla re comments about Jackie Lavin ...
Its just typical that the women get comments on their looks.
SHes doing a great job on the programme.
I did watch and thought the girl from Dublins inner city was a breath of fresh air ..oh and her clothes were fab too.and her hair/make up.....:p.:D

I enjoyed the show. Best entertainment show on TV.

I can't fault it.

After show was alright. Not as good as the UK aftershow thing but better than the X Factor after show.

She's beginning to look like Ms Wildenstein! :D Astonishing before and after! :eek:

Oh my God, you're so right!!

Anyway, I thought they promised the contestants would be of a high standard this year!?! Flicked over during the breaks on the Pat Kenny Show (which I thought was good) and must say I thought they were all dismal. I mean really, what self respecting person is going to demean themseves selling ice cream on Grafton street in that manner, just for a place on a TV Show.........

Think of your future careers guys, it will take a long time for them to live this show down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back