Aer Lingus: DUB to LAX then to Vegas

brian.mobile

I believe it's non-stop DUB - LAX. How long is this flight?

Can anyone recommend a regional airline to get from LAX to VEGas?

BM

Flight to LA is around 10 hours.

Dunno if either serve LA-Vegas, but I've used both Southwest and JetBlue and wouldn't hesitate to recommend either.

Otherwise hire a car and drive-good road.

Southwest is your best bet for frequency and cost. However, car rental from LAX is inexpensive and the drive through the desert is an adventure for us rain drenched souls.

Flew DUB-LAX in 2003 with AL, we flew direct to McCarren with America West, had to change terminal in LAX - about a 5 minute walk or there is a shuttle bus.

I have heard that one cannot book internal US flights by CC with a non US address anymore.

If you go to Opodo.com they will be able to book you right through (if you don't wanna drive), though when we checked this Opodo were more expensive by about 150 dollars for the EXACT same flights ! Suppose though at the time we could book flights individually.

The AL aircraft that we were on to LAX have individual TV's on the head rests. Not sure if thats changed.

Enjoy ! Eitherway Vegas is great for a few days !

I have heard that one cannot book internal US flights by CC with a non US address anymore.

Is this recent? I was able to book flights on both Jet Blue and Southwest less than a year ago with a cc registered with an Irish address.

I think it's the US travel agents that have this policy. Expedia et al. I tried once with expedia and they wanted a copy of passport and CC statements, in the end I simply had my friend use his US based card to book my flights.

I think it is recent - within the last year, you must have a US address for booking internally, I think this might be more of a security issue over anything else.

Must do a bit of research !

Originally Posted by Havealaugh http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=350400#post350400

This is not correct. I recently booked internal US flights with American Airlines with my Irish issued credit card, paid in US$ and got the benefit of a good exchange rate.

I agree. Flew DUB to LAX with AL last summer. Had no problem booking internal flights from LAX to San Francisco with United using my Irish cc on the United website.
Also got the benefit of the good exchange rate !!

Definitely drive LA to Vegas - it's one of lifes great drives, not necessarily for the scenery but mainly just because it's LA to Vegas.

Also, a car is very handy in Vegas when you're not partaking of the complimentary drinks - the strip is a monster so while it might seem like it's easy enough to walk around, it's not. It can take 5-10 minutes to walk past some of the large hotel complexes. With the valet parking it's very handy to just drive from hotel to hotel.

Back