Any Reccomendations for Gas Central Heating Contractors

burkemg

I'm planning to replace my floor mounted gas boiler with a wall hung one plus have some new piping laid (concrete floors)

Any recommendations on reputable installers in Dublin (15)

Any advice anyone can offer?

Thanks

I'm also dublin 15, and when I got the gas installed, employed The Gas Man from cabra and found thier price and workmanship very good. They have a showroom in cabra, sorry don't recall the address but you should get them in the yellow pages.

kiwi

Try Gerry Merry, excellent service, prices. Tell him James from Hazel aveneu gave you the details. Ph: 0872601868. I have no affiliation just a satisfied customer.

Thanks for the replys.

any suggestions on how many quotes one should get ?

thanks again

Hi,

I have extensively read the key posts on gas heating installations from AAM. I am getting quotes at the moment and the first one which we recieved is from a man who was recommended to me by a close friend.

Basically, he gave me a quote for €3800 which includes a wall hung 50k output BTU's boiler and 6 rads. I was suprised (not complaining though) at how cheap it was and basically just wanted an opinion from anyone in the know.

I understand and believe that price does not indicate quality so I asked about what type of rads they were and he said basically just standard (Penn, i thought he said) rads.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Thanks!

An average modern home, build according to the first building regulations in Ireland from 1991 wouldn't need more then 10kw. The term "btu" isn't used for modern boilers anymore, since the 90's we use the term kW (kilo Watt) for the output of a boiler. Compare the type that your plumber/gas man has planned with the sedbuk page ( http://www.sedbuk.com/ ). If it scores worse then "efficiency band A - 90% efficiency or more" sack your man, he isn't worth the money.
So ask your gas man for a definate reason why he wan'ts to put in this particular boiler.
Go for a modulating combi condensing boiler. And if you have only one average sized home to supply then go for the smallest you can find.
And check B&Q (ca. € 600.-), Heatmerchants or the manufacturers for an alternativ offer!

I appreciate the response Heinbloed.

As recommended, I checked out the boiler model and it is as follows:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7 Glow-worm: 15hxi :
gas : regular : condensing : wall mounted
modulating (15.0 - 15.0 kW)
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SAP seasonal efficiency 90.5%[/FONT]

The guy is coming around today so I intend to have a more detailed chat aobut the combi boiler. Again, thanks for the response.

Back