Digitised land registry maps conflict: who wins?

E

enoovarrag

I purchased a site in 2008 and now am stuck in between, in the middle.

At time of purchase site plan matched to all planning applications and matched to land registry docs. That was 2008.

The engineers confirmed the markings and all seems ok. In effect development plan for field = site plans = planning applications = land registry docs.

Now roll forward 2011 I hear that these new digitized plans have been brought out. Now since I am "last in" it seems that I have lost out as another side now uses new land registry docs to insist where boundaries are at.

We previously had agreed mutual boundaries with site plans. The are now using using new digitized plans to try to trump me ?

Questions:
Anyone with this experience and how did you resolve it without good legal? (the other side are very difficult to deal with).
Does new digitized map win out?

Any other advise appreciated

Thanks

Purchased site, am in between, in the middle , at time of purchase site plan matched to all planning applications matched to land registry docs. That was 2008. Had engineers confirm markings which they did, all seems ok. In effect development plan for field =site plans=planning applications=land registry docs.
Roll forward 2011, hear these new digitized plans, as I am last in I have lost as one side now uses new land registry docs to insist where boundaries are at. Previously had agreed mutual boundaries with site plans. Now using new digitized plans to try to trump me ?
Questions
Anyone with this experience and how did you resolve it, very difficult other side, without good legal .?
Does new digitized map win out ?
Any other advise appreciated
Thanks

Hi enoo, and welcome to AAM.

Im going to split your question regarding land registry digitised maps from this old thread : Askaboutlaw > Buying a site - verifying that Land Registry Map matches actual boundaries?.

Ive tidied up you post a little (understandable at 5:48 am!) let me know if thats ok.

Im also going to move it from Askaboutlaw (after a few days here) to one of the property buying or planning sub forums where similar questions have been asked and partially answered in the past.

aj

Back