Costa De La Luz

InfoSeeker

Hi,

Am heading on holidays to Costa De La Luz in Spain in a few months and was wondering if anyone has been here before and could pass on any tips, advice, comments, etc.

Have booked into a place called Aparthotel Oasis.

Any comments much appreciated

It gets pretty damn hot there in the summer months, but there's always a nice Atlantic breeze in the evening. Huelva itself is a bit of a desert, but there are some beautiful spots within a short drive — check out the Doñana National Park, if you get tired of sun, sand and golf... and maybe even further down the coast into Cadiz province (poke around that andalucia.com website, it's not bad). I'd recommend a day trip/overnight to Seville, too, if you can handle the tarmac-melting heat at that time of year... :eek:

staying in islantilla. will have no car. whaat is the public transport like to get to these nice locations. again tghanks.

Hi,

I was in the Costa de la Luz last autumn and loved it! We stayed in a village called Conil, and it was very different from your typical expectation of the 'costas'. Instead of high rise hotels, all-day breakfasts etc, we had beautiful long, wide, deserted, clean beaches, and traditional villages with mainly spanish tourists and lovely restaurants.
There is a loads to do in the environs - it depends on which part of the Costa de la Luz you are, but a trip to Cadiz or Jerez (where Sherry is made) could be nice. Or further south to Tarifa (windsurfy resort) and Gibralter.
There are also some famous 'pueblos blancos' (white villages) - which are small in-land hill-top villages all painted white - Arcos de la Frontera is one which is very nice (and has an amazing Moroccan restaurant!).
A day trip to Tangiers is also an option, but one I wouldnt recommend - I think Tangiers is the least attractive town in Morocco.
As someone else suggested, and trip to Seville is a must if you can handle the heat - Seville is a beautiful city.
This part of the costas is very windy which makes the weather feel more refreshing.
Hope you have a lovely trip!

carnalea said:
staying in islantilla. will have no car. whaat is the public transport like to get to these nice locations. again tghanks.

Stayed one night in Islantilla 3 weeks ago - had a car but unless you they provide shuttle buses from where you are you'll have a good walk.

The Islantilla we were in was the hotel on the golf resort

Back