Where to get small amount of gravel?

blueshoes

Hi all.

Quick question. I need about half a ton of gravel for a patio. I rang my local building supplier/shop and was told oh I can make you the cement you need. He would put it into tubs for me and I could use it all for a low low price of €250!!!

So I told my dad this, and he cudnt stop laughing as cement and gravel is cheap. He told me to ring a few quarries and see. So I did, some wanted 5€ for it and others 25€. None of the people I contacted will deliver such a small amount.

Now my problem is I dont own a trailor or know anybody with a trailor/van.

Would I look stupid if I turned up in my car asking them to fill my boot with gravel? I might be able to get someone with a small van on a saturday. Would a van do?

Anyone know where else I could get/rob some?

I bet some of yis are p****** urselves laughing but I need gravel!!! Please help.
Thanks Blueshoes ;) :p

Where abouts in the country are you? Check some of the DIY outfits - I know B&Q in Newry sell gravel in small quantities and will deliver.

Hi wolfspeed.

I am in the midlands. There is a b&q in athlone. I will give them a ring and see. Thanks I didnt think of them.

Get someone with a van and a few heavy duty plastic bags - loads of fertiliser bags free on farms if you have any friends there. Take a couple of shovels and head off to the nearest quarry.

Alternatively you can buy 4 stone bags of gravel at most builders providers/DIY shops but its obviously a wee bit dearer.

Dont put that weight into a car though

You can buy it in bags, or you can borrow a car and trailed from someone who has a towbar. This would be the cheapest and easiest! Definitely don't put it in your boot!

Back