electrical shock off the car

coleen

i changed my car and i seem to be getting an electrical shock of the car at times when getting in or out of car off the door or when opening the boot has anyone else got this and does anyone know what causes it

Static
builds up in everything that work, even your self, ever get a shok of an escaltor or lift? same thing
go to motor factor get an anti static starap attach to the back bumper and whalla problem solved.

Or hold a metal part of the door before putting your foot on the ground and the connection will be made at your shoe and you wont feel it

I get this a lot.

The best solution is to bang the palm of you hand off the car as you get out. It seems to distibute the static more evenly and so you don't notice it. As I write this, it sounds stupid, but it seems to work.

Brendan

I go with HighFlier's suggestion....I lived in Boston for years and was always getting zapped during the cold dry winters. The solution is to touch the metal parts of the car (the top of the door) before touching the ground...this minimises the voltage difference between you and the road, preventing a static discharge

The thing to remember is that you are becoming electrically charged.Earthing the car with a strap doesn't work,placing an open palm on the door as you alight from the car seems to work.Try using a different seat cover on your seat.

Was getting electric shocks in a huge way on a brand new Peugeot 206 hire car I had two weeks ago. I put it down to the synthetic fabric interior.
My own car has leather and never get the problem there nor on any other car I've had with a leather interior.

Back