Dublin Airport Car Parking Charges

wanderer

Dublin Airport Long Term rates are 8.50 per day or part thereof. However, i've noticed that returning before a full day has been completed one still gets charged the full whack. i.e charged for 4 days, even though for 3.5 days. No "part thereof".

May not be a big issue, but i park there frequently and it all adds up in the end.

A few months ago i parked there, missed my flight and returned an hour or so later only to be charged the full 8.50.

Perhaps another one to be reported to the ODCA as well? Anyone else have this issue?

Yip i use the long term quite a lot as well and in the same situation as you , charged full day rate no matter what part of the day you return to your car.

Aren't the prices displayed fully before entering? Even still there is a grace period of 10 mins where you can exit for the free.

Vote with your car and don't park there if your not happy with it.

Dublin Airport Long Term rates are 8.50 per day or part thereof. However, i've noticed that returning before a full day has been completed one still gets charged the full whack. i.e charged for 4 days, even though for 3.5 days. No "part thereof".

May not be a big issue, but i park there frequently and it all adds up in the end.

A few months ago i parked there, missed my flight and returned an hour or so later only to be charged the full 8.50.

Perhaps another one to be reported to the ODCA as well? Anyone else have this issue?

Doesn't look like its one for the ODCA because they clearly display the charges [broken link removed] (even if they do seem unfair).

Presumably QuickPark is not an option.

Doesn't look like its one for the ODCA because they clearly display the charges [broken link removed] (even if they do seem unfair).

Presumably QuickPark is not an option.

we use quikpark whenever we are going away, i find it cheaper and just as good as the other place

sueellen,

7.50 per day thats a saving of 1 euro, is there any other places that offer an even better day rate?

Jaid

miselemeas do you know if the shuttle operates 24 hours a day as we are due to arrive back early morning. Also does it ever get full like quickpark? Due to travel out this week and don't want heartfailure trying to get parking thanks!

Wanderer "part there of" means any part of any extra day be it 5 mins or 23 hrs and 55 mins. So if you stay for 3 days 23hrs and 55mins you pay the same as 3 days and 5 mins.

miselemeas do you know if the shuttle operates 24 hours a day as we are due to arrive back early morning. Also does it ever get full like quickpark? Due to travel out this week and don't want heartfailure trying to get parking thanks!

"Parking is available for residents and non-residents alike at a charge of EUR 7.00 per night, avail of our complimentary 24 hour shuttle to and from the airport terminal."

A tip - the underground carpark doesn't have the bays numbered so make a mental note of where you leave your car and just leave plenty of time as their minibus fills up quickly sometimes. I usually ring in advance to check if there are many spaces available - Telephone: +353 (0) 1 871 1000. Sometimes it can be worth it to book a room overnight as they have a really low rate of €89 per room. Bon voyage and have a safe trip - am heading off myself also for a couple of weeks TG, can't wait!

thats brilliant thanks. Great to have a few options at this busy time and after the rain today, two weeks of sun looks great eh! Have a super holiday too!

Back