Alton Towers trip

Maggie B

Hi,
I have been asked to check out 2 nights stay at Alton Towers for 5 people travelling with car by ferry.
I am not sure where to start, should I try superbreaks.com for rooms then try ferry separate. I have checked the key posts.
thanks.

Last edited:
My recommendation would be [broken link removed]When we went we stayed in the Moat House. We also stayed in the but I wasn't mad about it.

Most of the hotels will be near to Stoke-on-Trent and this leads to an hour's drive to Alton from the hotels.

[broken link removed]also do trips to Alton Towers. A relative of mine used them and AFAIK did not have any problems.

These previous threads also might be useful.

Wish I was goin' :(

My recommendation would be [broken link removed]When we went we stayed in the Moat House. We also stayed in the but I wasn't mad about it.

Most of the hotels will be near to Stoke-on-Trent and this leads to an hour's drive to Alton from the hotels.

[broken link removed]also do trips to Alton Towers. A relative of mine used them and AFAIK did not have any problems.

These previous threads also might be useful.

Wish I was goin' :(

thanks Sueellen,
everything I could ask for in in your reply much appreciated.

Hi, I went two years ago with my wife & 4 year old, travelled On Irish Ferries Dublin-Holyhead. Bit of a drive through North Wales but good roads & lovely scenery through Snowdonia, plenty of nice villages to stop. We stayed in one of the Alton Towers hotels (Splash landings), which has a fantastic indoor water park & can't be beaten for convienience to parks. Also gave you "extra residents hours" in the theme park to beat the crowds. Good entertainment in the hotels in the night time for kids and adults. Decent enough restaurants on site also. Couple of quid dearer than staying "off site" but I thought well worth it. I booked all online.
Just another option, enjoy !!

Back