Getting a bluetooth system for the car - the CK3100 from parrott. Cork/Tipp

Ned_ie

Hi all

Am getting a bluetooth system for the car - the CK3100 from parrott. Not great at doing wires etc and as it is an 08 don't want to muck it up.

Anyone know where to buy and have them install the system in the North Cork south Tipp area?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers - oh and Happy New Year!

Re: Parrott installation in Cork/Tipp

Hi all

Am getting a bluetooth system for the car - the CK3100 from parrott. Not great at doing wires etc and as it is an 08 don't want to muck it up.

Anyone know where to buy and have them install the system in the North Cork south Tipp area?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers - oh and Happy New Year!

[broken link removed]

I think they also do installs for vodafone and carphone warehouse so if you buy a carkit from either of them it's carkits.ie that install it.

Cheers for that

One other thing. Make sure and buy the kit from the same crowd that are installing it. Otherwise if you have any problems they will charge to even look at it. If you buy and get it installed from the same crowd any problems will be sorted f.o.c.

was thinking that alright. looks like they charge 300 all in for the product and installation.

Im just wondering are these systems good?
Any info would be a help thanks.

J

I do appologise nothing intended.

J

Im just wondering are these systems good?
Any info would be a help thanks.

J
i have one installed in my car and it works perfect, you only need to connect once with ur car and every time u sit in ur car, it would connect automatically even if my phone is in my pocket,

have one in my car (came with the car)

as some1g8 said, once you connect it thats it..it will reconise your phone the minute you get into car. There's also the option to add other mobiles. on mine its up to 4. so if you have some other familly member using the car they can just connect to there phone through it.

An alternative to bear in mind is a sat nav system with the bluetooth function. I have the Parrott also and recently bought a Garmin sat nav that appears to work just as well. Also no installation costs and completely transferrable to other cars. Just something to bear on mind.

hi parrot is a good kit the benefits are that the sound comes throught the stereo of the vehicle and any bluetooth phone will work on it. Ithe other option would be a thb kit it is unique to the phone and has its own small speaker, i have a bluetooth parrot in my van (should have got the colour screen) and im sorry i didnt get a thb kit cos it charges the phone too!! I think all in it should cost about 255 euro

Thanks all. As it turns out the guy I bought the car from installed the kit for me as well! Neighbours - they're great!

One question I have about it though is the phone book function - it won't recognise the phone book from my mobile. I've done everything it said to do but still no luck.

Any ideas?

Hi Ned_Hi

Not sure if it varies from phone to phone but I had the same problem with a Nokia N70.

I went to Options in Contacts on my phone, chose Mark all and once all the contacts were ticked, send -> Via bluetooth.

You will need to do this with any new contacts you add to your phone also.

With any of these kits I've always found the background noise terrible if you're on a motorway or driving fast...are the integrated ones fitted by the manufacturer better than these car-kit ones added later on?
Cheers

Back