Burning downloaded TV show to DVD - help!

babaduck

I use Sonic to burn programmes to DVD so I can watch them on our DVD player downstairs rather than on my PC screen (37 inch beats 19 inch hands down!!)

However, my DVD-RW that I use is 120 min video & this programme is 140mins long. Is there any way I can compress the file to fit?

Ta mucho for the help

Maybe use VSO DivXtoDVD to convert your show to DVD format - The output (a VIDEO_TS folder) is usually smaller than the 2.35GB per hour filesize you might get with other software. 42 minute shows I put on DVD are never bigger than a gig.

Worth a try...

Maybe use VSO DivXtoDVD to convert your show to DVD format - The output (a VIDEO_TS folder) is usually smaller than the 2.35GB per hour filesize you might get with other software. 42 minute shows I put on DVD are never bigger than a gig.

Worth a try...

Or he could just cut the VOB in half and watch it that way.

1. Nero allows you to reduce file down to fit DVD.
2. Get a divx player & burn to a cd or DVD. This what I used to do.
3. Get a creative Zen M 30gb and output direct to tv.This is what I do now.

Worth a try...

This seems to be working the best for me - thanks a million for your help!

it would be a lot easier for the future if you just got a divx/dvd player for about 35 euro online e.g pixmania etc then you can fit a few hours of video on one disc without the '2 hour' 'limit'

Back