Best month to visit Hong Kong and Best route to fly?

It’s been some time since I travelled to HK regularly. Best carriers were always Singapore and Cathay Pacific and if I was travelling now and paying myself I’d seriously consider their premium economy options, comfortable seats and far better value than business class. Virgin also offered a very good service but no longer operate out of HK as far as I know. Any time is a good time to visit HK but the rain season is May to Sept, with June to August being the wettest. But it’s “nice” rain, not like the miserable stuff we get !!

Just out of curiosity has anyone been to HK recently? My experience was very high density, dreadful food (authentic Chinese). Not to mention the mist (pollution from the factories in China) coming in over the mountains. The South China sea is filthy. I could mention the political unrest. Wild packs of dogs (released by their ex-pat owners) roaming on the hill.

Finnair via Helsinki is another option. We've flown their business class to Hong Kong a couple of times. Make sure to check the connection time in Helsinki though, the 3 hour connecting flight from Dublin is sometimes delayed by incoming late arrival.

Finnair via Helsinki is another option. We've flown their business class to Hong Kong a couple of times. Make sure to check the connection time in Helsinki though, the 3 hour connecting flight from Dublin is sometimes delayed by incoming late arrival.
I had a look at Finnair. The layover was over 9 hours in Helsinki.

Yes, when we travelled the connecting time in Helsinki was only an hour or so and we were delayed once which meant a dash through the departure area to our long-haul flight. The layover depends on the day, sometimes Finnair depart Dublin at 10.15, sometimes at 18.00 sometimes both.

Daughter flew Hainan airways recently from Dublin to Beijing, short stopover in Beijing, then Beijing to Hong Kong. Overall she found it fine.

Back